About this event
Online registration is now closed. Please email Jennifer Davis to inquire about seat availability.
General session speakers:
- Regional Director of the SEC Shamoil Shipchandler, on the impact ofcybersecurity breaches on the U.S. economy’s financial infrastructure
- Chair-elect of the AICPA Bill Reeb, CPA, on challenges facing the profession
- Steve Dawson, CPA on internal fraud, with tales from the underworld and current prevention methodologies
- Anil Kumar, Economic Policy Advisor and Senior Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, speaking on the US and north Texas economy
- Federal Tax Update for Generalists Pearl Balsara and Randy Garcia Huselton Morgan & Maultsby
- Blockchain: Applications and Implications Will Gregory and Michelle Prasanna, Deloitte
- Employment Law Update Karen Denney Haynes & Boone, LLP
- Robotic Process Automation David Keyser Global Paradigm
- Top 10 Transportation Initiatives in North Texas: Innovative Funding, Silo Busting and Technology Advances Michael Morris North Central Texas Council of Governments
- Interviewing to Find Great Candidates: Process from A to Z Steve Peglar Whitney Smith Company
- How a Finance Weenie Became a Condiment Guru Doug Renfro Renfro Foods
- What CPAs Need to Know to Avoid Issues in Probate Estates Louis Stephanos Pope Hardwicke Christie Schell Kelly & Taplett, LLP
- Responding to a Cybersecurity Breach Randy R. Werner CAMICO
- How to Manage Cash Flow in Retirement: A Practical Guide for Creating a Retirement Paycheck Roger Whitney WWK Wealth Advisors
Fee $30 for members. Includes: 8 hours CPE; lunch; sodas, water and coffee; parking; wifi; digital materials. Members only event. Please assure that your membership for the 2018-2019 year, which begins June 1, is renewed prior to registration. Your fee for this event is nonrefundable. Substitute registrants will be accepted but must be members.
More about this CPE event:
Learning Objectives Various, depending on the breakout sessions selected.
Delivery Method Group live, with speakers' materials available digitally. Free wifi in the conference facility.
Hours and field of study Eight hours CPE for completion of eight, one hour sessions (four general sessions, four breakout sessions), at least five of which are in technical areas.
Prerequisites/advance preparation No prerequisites and no advance preparation required.