About this event
Joint Luncheon with Tarrant County Bar Association Business & Estates Council
Join colleagues from accounting, law, investment management and insurance for the annual Fort Worth Chapter joint meeting with the Fort Worth Business & Estates Council.
The meeting will be held at The City Club, 301 Commerce, Fort Worth 76102.
Preregistration is required.
Fort Worth Chapter members who are not members of the Tarrant Bar: register here and pay $25 to attend.
Members of the Tarrant Bar: please contact the bar to register at 817-338-4092
Attorney Mike Bourland once again assembles a panel of nationally-recognized advisers, advocates and thought leaders to discuss emerging topics, drawn from legislative and regulatory developments and judicial action. On the panel:
- Michael V. Bourland, Bourland Wall & Wenzel PC, Fort Worth
- John Porter, Baker Botts LLP, Houston
- Lee Schwemer, UT Arlington
- Steve Akers, Bessemer Trust, Dallas
The program includes:
- An advanced session, beginning at 10:30 am, in the Presidents Room (one CPE credit)
- A general session, beginning at noon, with lunch, in the Ball Room (one CPE credit)
- Advanced session: consider an array of issues regarding planning under the uncertainty of possible legislative changes and when/if the exclusion amount will decline and planning for flexibility; learn about attacks on FLP/LLC planning techniques; learn about the IRS' radar screen; consider specific issues on which IRS has or has not issued guidance and related legislative issues.
- General session: develop an understanding of possible legislative changes; planning issues in light of the uncertainty of when/if the exclusion amount will decline and planning for flexibility; consider current IRS guidance and related legislative issues; review transfer planning and consider general planning implications in the current environment; review the IRS radar screen regarding audits and litigation.
CPE Credits available:
2 in taxes (technical)
the pre-luncheon session is advanced. Luncheon panel presentation is update.
No prerequisites and no advance preparation required.
Included in your registration
: Lunch included. Parking on your own; discount available with City Club validation.
Underwriting for this event from the Texas Health Resources Foundation.