If You Join a Fort Worth Chapter Committee, You Can Expect:
- A meeting notice at least 10 days in advance of the meeting.
- To know the specific goals and strategic objectives of the committee before you commit.
- To attend meetings in person, but to be able to participate remotely by phone and/or web.
- Meetings where business is transacted--and to have meetings cancelled when not required.
- Meetings led by a volunteer and staffed by a Chapter employee.
- Written minutes soon after the meeting.
Attending a Committee Meeting from your PC, Phone or Tablet?
By participating in a Chapter committee, you'll meet colleagues with similar interests. Most meetings are held at the Chapter office (550 Bailey, Suite 225, Fort Worth 76107). However, remote participation is encouraged and available.
Some meetings may only be phone or web conferences. Video conferencing capabilities were added in summer of 2013, and the audio equipment was upgraded in the spring of 2014. Some things to know:
- All phone conferences use the same number and access code.
- Any web conference will also be a phone conference. We do not use GoToMeeting's audio because there would be a charge or long-distance fee to you--so if you want to have audio and web, you'll need both phone and web capabilities.
- A unique GoToMeeting link will be sent in advance of each web conference.
- Detailed remote instructions listed below.
Phone Conference: Attend a Meeting with Audio Only
- You’ll need any telephone. The connection is via a toll free phone conference number.
- Use the following credentials to log in: dial 972-497-2499, or 800-719-7514 and use conference code 443048.
- 4* to mute/unmute your line.
Web Conference: Attend a Phone Conference Call and See Video as a Screen Share PowerPoint Presentation and/or Web Cam
- A PC or laptop with an internet connection.
- A phone to access the conference audio.
- A digital device with the GoToMeeting app downloaded.
- Optional: a web cam connected to your device
- Before your first meeting: use the link in your meeting invitation to download the GoToMeeting launcher (software) or download the app.
- Each meeting: open the meeting invitation on the device you’ll be using for the meeting.
- Using your phone, dial the conference number listed above and enter the code.
- Notice the link “please join my meeting.” Click this to launch the meeting in your browser.
- Notice the meeting ID. Use this in your app or to open the meeting from a generic GoToMeeting link.
Trouble? Call us at 817-335-5055 or http://support.citrixonline.com/GoToMeeting