Two days, 17 hours CPE.
An update for practitioners on issues of federal and state tax affecting individuals, trusts, estates and business.
Course will be held at the Riley Center, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, in south Fort Worth, 1701 W. Boyce Avenue, Fort Worth 76115
Fee: participants choose fee to include either print materials (binder including all presentations) or digital materials (link to presentations for download or on-site access; free Wi-Fi).
- Members (any TSCPA chapter) and nonCPAs: $425 with digital materials, $450 with print materials.
- Nonmembers: $490 with digital materials, $515 with print materials.
- Late registration fee of $25 applies for registrations after July 21, 2017
Fee includes all day beverage service and lunch; 17 hours CPE credit; 14 hours MCLE credit (application pending)
Thursday, August 3 Underwriting sponsor: First Financial Bank, N.A.
- Federal Tax Regulatory and Legislative Update Steve Tillinger, CPA
- Cyberthreats and Client Data: Risk Management Robert H. Rosenzweig, Risk Strategies Company
- Pass-Through Entities and Partnership Tax Update Christi Mondrik, Mondrik & Associates
- Cleaning Up Taxpayers' Past Misdeeds Joel Crouch, Meadows Collier Reed Cousins Crouch & Ungerman, LLP
- Upstream Estate Planning Marvin Blum, The Blum Firm, P.C.
- Choosing Structures for Acquiring Entities Willie Hornberger and Steve Moore, Jackson Walker LLP
- Breakout sessions: choose one
- Business Development for Practice Growth and Success: Tales from the Front (a roundtable discussion) Mark McIntosh, RevGrow; Susan Roberts, CliftonLarsonAllen; and Ryan Scharar, Scharar Law Firm, P.C. Kathy Kelly moderates.
- Succession Alternatives for Accounting Practices Ryan Pannell, Accounting Practice Sales
Friday, August 4 Underwriting sponsor: Wolters Kluwer
- Self Employment Tax-Advantaged Structures Anthony Daddino, Meadows Collier Reed Cousins Crouch & Ungerman, LLP
- Foreign Tax Issues Based on One Guy's Experience Vance Maultsby, Huselton Morgan & Maultsby, P.C.
- Investment Outlook: Texas and Beyond
- Recent Developments in the Texas Franchise Tax Jimmy Martens, Martens Todd Leonard Taylor & Ahlrich
- Business Valuations for Sale, Purchase or Gifting Don Erickson, Mercer Capital
- Estate Tax Update Gary Post, The Blum Firm, P.C.
Instructional method: lecture from furnished materials, with questions.
Level: all material is update level.
Prerequisites and advance preparation: fundamental federal income tax knowledge or experience; no advance preparation.
Details about Fort Worth Chapter's CPE policies and authority to offer credit at this link.
MCLE credit: application pending with the State Bar of Texas for 14 hours credit.