Tuesday, June 20, 2017
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Riley Center Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Digital materials | Free wifi at the Seminary If you're a Fort Worth CPA, you belong here!
Eight hours' quality CPE, snacks drinks, lunch, free parking and wifi: all for a non-refundable $25 registration fee. Kathy DuBose
, chair, and Robert Fernandez
, vice chair. Registration opens April 28, 2017.
Two great general sessions:
- Market and Economic Update, with Jim LaCamp, UBS
- Cyber Security, with SEC Regional Director Shamoil T. Shipchandler
And fifteen breakouts:
- HR Risk Management, with Danyelle Ackall, Neeley School of Business, TCU
- FLSA Compliance to Prevent DOL Audits, with Stephanie Buduhan, PSK
- Fraud Prevention and Detection for Small Business, with Steve Dawson, Dawson Forensic Analytics PLLC
- Social Media in the Workplace, with Karen Denney, Haynes & Boone, LLP
- Five Tax Topics for 2017, with Pearl Balsara and Randy Garcia, Huselton, Morgan & Maultsby, LLP
- Lease Accounting Standards, with Rayford High, KPMG
- Implementation Tips for Revenue Recognition Standards , with Jason Larkin, Ernst & Young
- Equity Crowdfunding for Texas Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses, with Steve Litke, Blaies & Hightower, LLP
- Managing Change During Merger or Acquisition Transition, with Connie McCarty, Rainwater Business Advisors LLC, and Kristin Robertson, Brio Leadership
- How to Review a Will, with Amy Ott, The Blum Firm, P.C.
- From Insight to Impact - Unlocking Opportunities in Big Data, with Paul Parks, AICPA
- Texas Demographics, with Lloyd Potter, Texas State Demographer
- Social Security Planning, with Julie Rosenthal, Julie Rosenthal Wealth Management
- Using Tableau Software for Financial Analysis, with Robert Rouse, InterWorks, Inc.
- So You Want to be a Critical Thinker? with Richard Selcer, PhD, Author and Historian
Registration available to all Fort Worth Chapter TSCPA members in good standing for the 2017-2018 year. Membership renewal for the year beginning June 1, 2017 requires payment of dues. Nonmembers may attend upon application for membership, payment of dues, and registration.