Compilation and Review Practice Guide
Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fort Worth CPA Training Facility
550 Bailey Suite 225, Fort Worth 76102
Rebecca Lee, CPA, returns to Fort Worth for a high-energy eight hour class on a challenging topic for CPA firms. Ms. Lee is the audit partner for the firm Brooke, Freeman & Lee, Birmingham, Alabama and has long experience as a trainer and lecturer on audit and accounting technical issues.
Last year's participants said:
- Great presentation. She answered every question completely and thoroughly.
- Best course I have ever had on this topic. ... Well worth whatever the cost to bring her in.
Register early and save!
- Register by July 6, 2017: $275 members (cany TSCPA chapter)/$325 nonmembers
- Register July 7 or later: $300 members/$350 nonmembers
Registration fee includes course materials delivered digitally, lunch and breaks; free parking available in our adjacent parking garage.
Participants will be able to:
Major Subjects SSARS Clarity Project… Preparation of financial statements… AR Sections 60, 70, 80, and 90… Compilation performance requirements… Review performance requirements… How to document and perform compilations and reviews… Special purpose frameworks financial statements – what they are and when they can be used... Legal liability concerns and issues… How to perform and document analytical procedures appropriately, including developing expectations… Independence… Non-attest services… Common issues raised in peer reviews.
- Identify the performance requirements in the SSARS standards based on SSARS 21
- Effectively perform compilation and review engagements utilizing the guidance in AR Sections 60, 80, and 90 of SSARS 21
- Effectively perform preparation engagements utilizing the guidance in AR Section 70 of SSARS 21
- Efficiently document compilations and reviews following the documentation guidance in AR Sections 80 and 90 in SSARS 21
- Identify best practices when performing compilation and review engagements
- Address special purpose frameworks when performing compilation and review engagements
Eight hours CPE credit will be awarded for participation in the auditing field of study.
Group-live; lecture and group discussion.
Level of Knowledge
Basic familiarity with SSARS standards
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-335-5055.
Details about Fort Worth Chapter’s CPE policies and authority to offer credit at this link.