Monday, January 27, 2014, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Employer Tactics: Affordable Care Act in 2014 and Beyond
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Riley Conference Center, 1701 W. Boyce, Fort Worth 76115
Fort Worth Chapter TSCPA presents Ross Carmichael, Vice President of Compliance for Higginbotham, a leading national independent insurance firm, instructing an eight hour CPE course on employers’ requirements for compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, with analysis of costs and alternatives.
The course has been developed specifically for CPAs, to address the interests of smaller employers—those with groups of 200 or fewer—although the content may be of value more generally as well.
At Higginbotham, Carmichael, an attorney and former U.S. Department of Labor investigator, works with employers to interpret and comply with health care legislation and assist with employee education, reporting and disclosure, DOL audits and voluntary corrective measures.
- Examine application of the employer mandate, including analysis of employee types and control groups
- Examine the “pay or play” mandate, in terms of who must be covered, what must be offered, penalties and alternatives
- Explore methods for analysis of the alternatives and the enterprise’s financial and competitive costs
- Describe attributes unique to small employers such as the health insurance credit and SHOPs.
- Develop an understanding of the healthcare exchanges and how employees’ options impact employers
- Develop an understanding of reporting and disclosure requirements, and fees associated with provision of insurance by employers
- Organize reporting requirements of the DOL, IRS, HHS including notices to employees.
Fee and Registration:
Included in Registration: print and web-based materials; coffee, water and soft drink breaks; box lunch.
Additional Details: Participants earn 8 hours of CPE Credit in the Specialized Knowledge and Applications field of study. Material is basic. No prerequisites and no advance preparation required. Delivery method is group live. Instructor will lead discussion from furnished materials.
Who Should Attend?
- CPAs with clients who have employees.
- CPAs with HR responsibilities including sole practitioners and managing partners.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-335-5055
Details about Fort Worth Chapter’s CPE policies and authority to offer credit at this link.